|Written by Mike Bankier|
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
This recipe is easy to make, impressive to look at and delicious to eat.
In bottom of a Outback Oven 10 inch pan, put
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- sprinkle in 1/3 cup brown sugar
- arrange 7 canned pineapple rings in bottom with one in centre (use 14 oz can of pineapple rings, one will be left over)
- pour over top 3/4 package of 510g White Cake Mix made up as according to directions, i.e.
- 1.25 cups water (maybe increase a bit since using powdered eggs)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs (use powdered eggs)
After Outback Oven is gradually heated up to the E in BAKE on the thermometer, bake for 30 minutes and then see if toothpick comes out clean. If done, invert onto a plate and serve.
Shortening can be substituted for the vegetable oil (and also the butter) and can be cut into the cake mix at home.