Your 2013 Canoe Camping Club Membership
RACCC programs are for adults and families with enthusiasm for the great outdoors and an interest in paddling!
2013-14 REGISTRATION is open for New and Returning Members
RACCC Membership year: April 1 2013 to March 31 2014.
Register in person:
RA Centre, Members Services East Desk (East Entrance) 2451 Riverside Dr
Monday to Sunday: 7:30 am - 10:00 pm
Obtain blank forms from Membership Coordinator ('email@example.com'), then complete, sign, scan and e-mail them to the RA Centre and then phone in your credit information to effect payment:
To become an RACCC Member:
1. Join the Recreation Association per the membership plan that applies to you.
Click here for more information
Check out the other RA Clubs available to you as an RA Member!
For more information: RA Member Services: 613-733-5100.
2. Join the RACCC:
Adult Membership: $15.00
Family Membership: (Includes children 17 years or under)
• Single Parent: $15.00
• Two Parents: $30.00
What is next? After your join the RACCC ...
- You will receive an email with your username and password to login on www.raccc.ca
- Login often to check out articles, access the calendar, join in forum discussions...etc!
- Login, download and review the 2013 Members Handbook
- You will start receiving the weekly CanoeBytes email newsletter: keep updated re: upcoming club events and info
- Join the discussion 'Forum' on this website to find out about last minute trips, gear for sale etc... Login and then click 'here' to learn how to sign up
- Join in the upcoming orientation evenings and club events!
- Need assistance? Contact the program coordinators per your questions! (They are listed on the program information pages)
- Find ways you can volunteer to enjoy helping - to get connected and to make friends!
What equipment do you need?
• Properly fitting PFD (personal flotation device)
• Paddle (properly fitted)
• Sleeping bag and mattress (for overnight trips, events)
Before purchasing equipment
• Our Trip leaders and Course Instructors provide opportunities to learn about required equipment.
• Check out RACCC equipment loan or rentals.
• See our FAQ's for answers to your questions.
• The RACCC Members Handbook provides packing lists.
• Trip preparation meetings provide opportunities to check about required equipment
Benefits of RACCC membership:
• Meet other paddlers and outdoor enthusiasts
• Discover new rivers, lakes and country ( "new to you")
• FUN and adventure - to suit your taste (heart pumping rapids or ... calm, sunny, relaxing lakes and scenery)
• Access to RACCC trips, training and social events (during the paddling season and throughout the year)
• Affordable rental of club boats and camping equipment (eg. canoes and touring kayaks).
• Opportunity to get involved
(all trip leaders, trainers, helpers, equipment maintenance, committee and executive members are volunteers)
• Full access to the club website: www.raccc.ca : to view member privileged information
• Discounts at some outdoor supply stores (Take your membership card with you - and ask about discounts for RACCC members) More information to be posted soon.
Guests: see RACCC Members' Handbook for more information
RACCC Members may bring up to 2 guests on Flatwater Trips (not Whitewater Trips) - subject to approval from Trip Leader.
• Guest Fees must be pre-Paid ($5/evening, 10/day) and Informed Consent form is signed
• RACCC Members are responsible for their guests.
Canoe Club participation requires acceptance of inherent risks:
We hope that all RACCC members are or will become, a confident swimmer.
Non-swimmers are welcome and need to wear their PFD at all times when on or around the water.
Every participant is responsible for:
• Their own safety
• Selecting activities within their personal physical, emotional and mental capabilities.
• Learning, recognizing and accepting the inherent risks associated with outdoor canoeing and camping activities.